All Tech Wear garments made of OFX-100 fabric with our ESD knit cuffs or the “Key option” used as recommended, will meet the requirements of the National ESD Association’s ANSI/ESD STM 2.1-2013, Category 3, “Garment used as primary grounding path for personnel” and/or “Grounded through a single wire constant monitor system”, and will maintain these performance characteristics for a minimum of 100 washes or 2 years, whichever comes first.
Tech Wear’s patented “X2” dual-path garments made of the OFX-100 fabric meets Category 3 – “Grounded with dual paths to ground via continuous monitoring equipment that requires two separate paths to ground”.
2.3 oz per square yard.
- Blue, Black, Teal, White, Burgundy, high-visibility Orange and Yellow, and Military Digital Camouflage. Please inquire about custom colors.
- Meets normal FR requirements for polyester fabrics.
- Fabric will not crock or bleed off onto other surfaces.
- Fabric content 87% texturized polyester and 13% Shakespeare Conductive Fibers, LLC Resistat®fiber (Carbon-suffused monofilament nylon), knit in grid pattern.
- Carbon suffused monofilament nylon is Shakespeare Resistat® fiber is conductive at 104 and is non-flaking and non-sloughing.
- Color fastness: No change 20 hours, slight change 40 hours.
- Surface resistivity of fabric is 105 ohms per square with only slight deterioration noticed after 50 launderings. (To maximum of 107).
- Static decay rate per 101C method 5000 volts to 500 in less than 0.1 second.
- Fabric is light-weight, 40 denier with a unique construction which does not allow easy penetration of dust particles.
- Finish is disperse-dyed heat set. Contains no softeners, hand builders, etc.
450°F, flash point 720°F
Vertical – 27% stretch – 100% recovery
Horizontal – 48% stretch – 99% recovery
1.7% with 30 seconds live steam, 212°F, 30 seconds dwell.
Seams in all constructions are designed to maximize conductivity from panel to panel.
Under normal wearing and recommended washing conditions, Tech Wear’s exclusive OFX-100 material will maintain its usefulness and effectiveness for a minimum of 100 washings or two years, whichever comes first. Tech Wear warranties its products to be free of manufacturing defects. If you are not fully satisfied, notify Tech Wear immediately. Garments which have been laundered, dry cleaned, altered, marked, or silk-screened/embroidered cannot be returned.
Wash in cool or cold water with any commercially-available liquid detergent, hang dry or dry at 120°F or less. Do not use bleach, fabric softener, or iron. The carbon-suffused monofilament nylon is sensitive to heat and should not be exposed to drying heat in excess of 120oF. Wash at 90oF (Maximum) and tumble dry at low heat or hang dry. This lightweight fabric will dry very quickly and we recommend hang-drying for maximum life.
|Fabric||Carbon||Polyester||Cotton||Fabric Weight||Groundable||ESDA STM 2.1 Guaranteed||Application|
|For grounding person and garment when used in conjunction with ESD cuffs or Key Option. Lightweight comfort and excellent ESD performance|
|IVX-400||7%||93%||–||4.0 oz/yd2||YES||Category 3
|For grounding person and garment when used in conjunction with ESD cuffs or Key Option. Medium-weight comfort and excellent ESD performance|
|ECX-500||2%||98%||–||3.0 oz/yd2||no||Category 2||Static shielding garment in continuous electrical path with a person; however, not the primary ground path|
|Nylostat||1%||65%||34%||5.0 oz/yd2||no||Category 1||For use in heavy soil & solder. Electrical field suppression properties|